Saturday, October 29, 2011

One single flame burning softly in the night



I am one candle flame burning softly, brightly in the darkness. Bringing one flicker of light to you, especially for those I don’t understand. Especially for us. We deserve the love we crave. We deserve to be happy.

But no one owes it to us. We are all free to give or not to give, as we see fit. If I disagree with you, I choose to honor you in the process. I will not demonize and condemn – or at least I will try not to do those things. I choose to see the real you. I choose to hold you in my mind with compassion. This is what I bring to you every time I think on you, see you, embrace you.

This is what I choose to bring to us. I am one small flickering flame. I do not seek to devour you in my heat, only to share our warmth. I do not seek to change your mind, only to touch our heart.

If you add your light, we are more complete.


Chidananda roopah shivoham shivoham

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment