Friday, July 20, 2012

I've been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award

A heart-full thank you to @JLenniDorner at http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com/ for the wonderful Liebster Blog nomination.




The rules are:
 1. Thank and link back to the person who presented you with the award. Add the award logo to your blog.
 2. Answer the eleven questions posted for the nominees.
 3. Share eleven random facts about yourself.
 4. Write eleven questions for your nominees and then...
 5. Nominate eleven worthy blogs and contact those bloggers so they know about it! (No tag backs.)

                                                                                                                                                                  
The Liebster Blog Award is given bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

"
As a new blogger, it feels good to know that someone out there that follows me loves my blog and my posts, therefore they love my mind." - Lil
                                                                                                                                   



The eleven questions I was given and my answers to them:


1- What is the most inspiring blog prompt you have encountered?  What are you doing to make your dreams your reality?  You have to take action, not just wish for things.

2- What is the biggest step you have taken toward achieving your dreams? Setting goals, taking action, listening to all the well-meaning advice, and then doing what I think is right, anyway.

3- Who is your favorite fictional character of all time and why? Easy - Roland of Gilead.  Hands down, he is the best combination of gunslinger and unwilling philosopher. There are no easy answers or convenient definitions of right and wrong - sometimes you have to wing it.

4- What could someone say about a newly published book that would cause you to go get it immediately? That it's layered:  kick-ass, action adventure in a fantasy world with gritty romance, magic and deep thinking - but the deep thinking is optional. ;-)

5- What is the most fun activity you have ever engaged in with others online? Writing challenges - my favorite writing group gets together and kicks each other in the ass and we get each other writing - over the humps, through the tough stuff, and even the fun stuff

6- Do you care enough to change something in the world; and if so, what is it and how do you try to change it, and if not, why not? I care about the suffering in the world, but I know that suffering is an illusion, too and that we each have to change ourselves first before we can do anything to help anyone else. So, yes, I care, and I'm working on changing myself. When I get that down, I'll get back to you ;-)

7- What makes it all worth it? The real moments, when I'm wide awake and very aware of the smell of grass baked in warm sunshine, my man's hand on my leg while we drive, my kids' laughter echoing through the house, a sip of ice cold, fresh water, that moment of complete peace when I am right where I am.

8- Would it be better to be world famous for a failure or to be considered the greatest but only known by a small group of people? Its all about who you're with, so I pick option number 2 - that's all that matters, a few good friends and a deep sense of satisfaction.

9- Do you feel that the golden rule (do unto others as you would have them do onto you) still applies in today's online world of tweeting, Facebook fanpage subscribing, and anonymous page/post commenting? absolutely - even more so.  I've read some rude and bizarre posts and I wonder what the heck that person wants to see happen in his own life.  How weird to inflict pain and suffering. There's enough of that going around - be the change, for goodness sake - spread a little love.

10- What is the kindest act that you have seen someone do in the past 30 days? My daughter give her younger brother the last of her brownie, even though she really wanted it, because he had dropped his in the dirt. Little brothers can be quite the pests.

11- What does your blog offer to the world that no one possibly could? Me and my perspective on life.  That's the beauty in each of us - our unique experience, our shared suffering and celebrations, our voice.  No one else is quite like you - yet, by sharing our life with each other, we comfort.  I know, I know, sappy, but true.

                                                                                                                                  


11 Random Facts About Me


 1.  I thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail
 2.  I used to teach High School English
 3.  I love thunderstorms at night
 4.  I'm a Registered Yoga Teacher with YogaAlliance
 5.  I have never left North America
 6.  I have my motorcycle license but am scared to ride my motorcycle
 7.  My favorite food is Indian
 8.  I'm learning to hoop dance
 9.  I believe there are many paths, but just one truth
10.  I was once told my yoga classes were a backdoor to Satan (seriously)
11.  Happiness is my path

                                                                                                             

11 Questions for my Nominees


 1. On your death bed, what would you regret not doing?

 2. When was the last time you tried something new? What was it?

 3. What is important enough for you to go to war over?

 4. Describe your life in a 10 word sentence.

 5. What would be your perfect meal?

 6. Exercise is ....?

 7. Would your friends say you are a glass half-full or half-empty person?

 8. How do you de-stress?

 9.  What is your favorite book genre? Why?

10.  In your dream home, what one room must you have?

11.  What's the most bad-ass thing you've ever done? (ignoring your criminal history, of course)
                                                                                                             


My 11 Nominations are:

 1.  http://www.lkrigel.com/                 @LK_Rigel
 2.  http://www.shadowstephens.com/  @shadowstephens1
 3.  http://oliviahardinwriter.com/         @OliviaH_Writer
 4.  http://bookishwhimsy.blogspot.com/    @bookishwhimsy
 5.  http://youthfulyogini.blogspot.com/   @Youthful_Yogini
 6.  http://thisopenroad.wordpress.com/   @thisopenroad
 7.  http://raebethmcgeeswriting.blogspot.com/   @raebethmcgee
 8.  http://juliesbookreview.blogspot.com/    @djjramsey
 9.  http://thisauthorslife.blogspot.com/     @jessicajgibson
10. http://www.havocandmayhem.com/     @ComfyMom
11. http://danhkind.blogspot.com/        @DanHKind








1 comment:

  1. Fantastic read! Thank you for playing. I loved your answers and facts.

    ReplyDelete