Sunday, October 28, 2012

Enlightened is available on AMAZON

Available on AMAZON
I am ridiculously excited to announce that my first novel Enlightened: A Tale of Love and Light has been released! It is available as an ebook at this time on Amazon and Smashwords.  Other venues and a paperback edition soon to come.


Description
Loti Dupree fears that when her husband died, she lost her soul. Harboring a painful secret, she flees her life in a small Appalachian town for the ashram, the spiritual retreat where she trained to be a yogini.  But she is running from more than grief. An ominous nightmare the night before she leaves sets her on a dangerous path of self-discovery that challenges everything she believes – and threatens her life.

While dodging psychic attacks from an unknown assailant, she struggles with her growing attraction to a broody, handsome and completely frustrating vampire. Loti races to understand who and what she is before her anonymous enemy catches up with her.

Loti thought she couldn't survive her husband’s death, but among healers, witches, and vampires, she discovers not only a future, but a family.



Acknowledgements
I need to say thank you to my husband. It has been a long hike getting to this point and although it wasn't all sunshine and daydreams, he was always there, pacing, listening, supporting and generally cheering me on.  I also need to thank C. G. Powell for taking me under her wing and introducing me to the world of indie authors.  If not for you, Christine, I might still be floundering around in shallow writing waters, and I certainly never would have met the wonderful IC.   What can I say about the IC?  You have been my undying support and I am honored and humbled to know you all.  I need to acknowledge my crit partner Olivia Hardin.  Wow!  You are an amazing lady.  And I have to thank my editors Liz Schulte and Kristin Beaird for their eagle eyes and guidance.  Thank you so very much for helping me not only turn this book into something publishable, but for helping me to build my writing muscles and for teaching me how to be more flexible.  And thank you to all my friends and supporters. There are too many to name.  I am truly blessed. Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. This book is so wonderful! I hope everyone seeing this hurries out to get a copy. Congrats, Melissa! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Very nice cover, and inspiring story, I want to read it :). I wish you the best with your author journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Olivia and Marie-Eve! I'm super excited.

    ReplyDelete