Thursday, January 03, 2013

Review: Kiss the Dead


Kiss the Dead
Kiss the Dead by Laurell K. Hamilton

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



First, let me say that I am an avid Anita Blake Vampire Hunter fan. I enjoyed this story because I got an opportunity to visit with my favorite characters: Anita, Jean Claude, Nathaniel, Asher, etc. I love how Anita has evolved towards acceptance of herself and her lifestyle. She is still resistant of some things, like taking on new lovers. Its surprising that as compassionate as she is, she doesn't seem to understand the pain she causes her new lovers when she refuses to accept them and the relationship as it is.

The story itself was not all that exciting. I didn't feel the "edge-of-my-seat" energy like I have in other Anita novels. That doesn't mean it wasn't worth the read; just don't expect the intensity of her other books, like Cerulean Sins and Obsidian Butterfly, and of course anything with Marme Noir. Maybe its because most of those previous issues have been resolved.

I still loved the sex, the play of relationships and there was some tense moments. Good book and I recommend it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment