Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Stalking the Wyrd and Fae

I have been stalking following LK Rigel's facebook and blog posts for news of the next installment of the Tethers Series, Tales of Wyrd and Fae.  Give Me was the first book, and I absolutely fell in love with it.  This story came into my life at a time when I really needed it.  My grandmother had just passed away and I was having a hard time engaging in everyday life.  So I downloaded Give Me on the advice of a friend and lost myself in LK's world.  I read it in one sitting and it took me a week to digest everything.  Then, I couldn't just review the book, I had to wax philosophical with a few tears thrown in.

And afterwards, I stalked followed the author and nagged her about the next book.  When Bride of Fae came out I was over the moon when she gave me the chance to beta read it.  Now, I'm waiting anxiously for her to be done with whatever it is she's writing that isn't Tethers related and get working on Tethers, again, dang it.

LK Rigel puts magic in her stories.  I don't know how she does it. I aspire to breathe spells into tales the way she does.  Hey, LK, do you mix up potions with herbs and secret ingredients and drink them before you sit down to write?  Do you chant magical incantations over your keyboard?  Or do you pour your heart into your work? Do you ferret out the details that distract and leave the ones that absorb our attention? Do you intuit the emotions that we connect with and animate your characters with them?

I picture you waving your magic wand over a wooden Pinocchio, fairy dust lighting him up from the inside out until a real boy emerges from your brilliant mind.

Well done, LK Rigel.  Well done.

Who else is being stalked?

11 comments:

  1. I completely agree. We need more Tethers! L.K. Rigel is also just an amazing person. I got her books during a tour and ended up helping her get them formatted for the really really old Nooks because mine wouldn't read them. She was so nice and helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this book. LK is a fantastic writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the second or third time today I have read her name so I am def going to have to check her books out. Obviously I have been missing something awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat, I absolutely love LK Rigel's Tether series. I haven't read her other books, yet, but I have no doubt they are good, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just dying to read the books. I'll have to cut out some time, and get caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds awesome! I will be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend said to me last night that there are some characters in books that you can put aside--once and done kind of thing. But then there are the ones you just have to have more of. That's LK's characters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa! I just saw this post. You are such a sweetie pie!!!!!

    Good news: Now that my little ghost story is finally out the door, the Tethers series takes precedence over all. Two more books in the series are on the boards right now...

    ReplyDelete