Saturday, February 15, 2014

Confessions of a Storybook Nerd or What do Hellboy and Tank Girl Have in Common?

Available on Amazon
This morning I laid in bed and re-read Hellboy Volume 1: Seeds of Destruction and cursed Dark Horse Comics for charging $9.99 for the Kindle editions.  I want the entire series in digital format, but at $10 a pop, I will have to take it slow.  Is there a box-set, yet?  Please tell me there will be soon.  I read tomes like War and Peace in a matter of days, given life support like intravenous coffee and plenty of honey whiskey and wine.  So reading a comic book of say 100 pages is a torturous tease. While I appreciate the glorious-ness of delayed gratification, I want it all damn it--and I want it right now. *throws hissy fit*

So, after an online chat with a friend about favorite comic books, I went back to one of my old faves, Tank Girl!  Woooo hoooo! It's been literally years since I went on adventures with her.  Two years to be exact, because that's when I lost all sense of balance in my writing haze.  After a lifetime of reading, watching T.V. and movies, and sitting around campfires both listening to and telling scary stories, I devoted myself to finally, finally finishing those novels that have been haunting me.

And then I found this on Amazon:


Available on Amazon

And blew my book budget for the month. *sigh*  I need help.  Is there an online Nerds Anonymous I can  join?

Have you read Tank Girl or Hellboy?  Are you as in love with them as I am? Please, please, somebody...anybody...tell me I'm not alone in my obsession....anyone...Bueller?...Bueller?...

No comments:

Post a Comment