Sunday, February 16, 2014

Smashing Pumpkins and Bondage Photos or Are We all Just Rats in a Cage?


I guess I am not what you call mainstream or even typical.  But who is, right?  I worry about revealing my interests and the "real" me to the public.  I mean, I have been picked on, belittled, gasped at, cut off, and generally derided by folks I called friend simply because I revealed a little too much of myself.  And I'm not talking about my occasional outings to nude beaches.

I've been told I'm oversensitive, weird, hippie-dippie, and plain wrong.  I've been told I'm going to hell, I'm a little off, I'm their most bizarre friend, I'm this, I'm that for so long and by so many people, I stopped talking about my interests, beliefs, and even my opinion on the latest news-worthy events.  There are a few select human beings I do share with, but that is because I know there is little risk with them.

They get me or at least are okay with my likes and dislikes, obsessions and opinions, and my tangent of the day, hour, minute...  But I'm trying to step outside the boundaries I set for myself a long time ago.  I'm really trying to free myself from the cage I only let myself out of when I think no one but my soul tribe is watching.  I'm still not sure how far I want to go with this.

 I mean, how many of you would be willing to strip naked and parade your tender-est bits before the judgmental hordes?

So, if you're reading this blog, be forewarned:
Crazy stuff might happen.
Strange stories might be told.
Pictures may appear that you're not sure you want to look at.
It's going to get a little nuts.

But if you brave it and free your own mind, maybe, just maybe we'll both learn not to care what other's think.  Maybe we'll both learn to let our hair down and be okay with not being okay.  I mean, none of us are fully what we appear to be, right?  Or is that just me?  Hmmmm...well, here goes...see you on the flip side...



No comments:

Post a Comment