Friday, May 16, 2014

Taking a Moment at the RT Convention in New Orleans

Ever get hit in the head with a ton of information at once? After seven days away from home and three days of convention sessions and workshops, I feel like crying. I'm not sad, I'm overwhelmed. I'm also out of my comfort zone.

I'm not in control and I feel at the mercy of others. From when I can eat breakfast to where I can put my feet up, I am no longer the master of my domain. It's only temporary and there's a lot I can do to make myself comfortable, but it's not the same. Can you relate?

Then there's all the information I've gathered from other professionals in the industry here at the Romance Times Convention.  Most of what I'm hearing conforms to the many real-life publishing lessons I've learned the hard way--by publishing.  But there are a few precious gems that I absolutely must take action on. And I could just cry, again, because I'm so tired just thinking of all that needs to be sorted through and put on project status.

But if I've learned anything it's this: (pay attention here because this is super important) there's nothing to do but what needs to be done and I better be passionate about what I'm doing because there is NO WAY to succeed without that fire in my belly.

How else am I going to work 16 hour days? Because if I'm not falling asleep at my desk, then I'm not doing it right. Yeah, yeah, yada yada, balance...time management...blah blah blah. Whatever. That talk is for others. Not me.  Other than making sure I'm spending precious time with my family and taking care of my health, there isn't  anything in my life more important than what it takes to make my dreams my realty. 

But I still get overwhelmed, damn it. Especially because I know I'll never ever give up. That's just me. 

Love and light.

Namaste, friends.

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you. I'm an introvert who would much rather be alone with a book and a laptop than navigating a convention. Hopefully the gains are worth the pains. Hopefully you're up for SNFC this weekend. Deep breaths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you, have done the convention thing, and your feelings now will be transformed into things like what you shared with us at Luigi's not long ago. Priceless information that I needed to hear and see. Thank you for doing what you do! I look forward to learning more from you, and have put much of what I learned already into practice. To me you are a blessing that God put in my path with info I would not have obtained anywhere else. Thank you! Much love!

    ReplyDelete