Saturday, January 31, 2015

#BraveWriting - Brave Writing Things in 2015

Okay, the brave writing thing all got started on Twitter this past week when my friend and editor
Ev Bishop tweeted this:

Please note she tagged me.

*slaps forehead*




















Why did she tag me? Because this happened:



*BIG sigh* Damn you, Liz Schulte. You knew I couldn't ignore this type of challenge.

So then this:

And then I was involved, committed even, at least in my mind, but nothing's for sure until the first shot is fired. *swallows* I am loading the musket and am about to fire off one scary brave writing task each week and I've decided to take YOU along for the ride...because I don't want to do it alone.

Because I'm scared. *hides under desk*

Side note: While I was cleaning off said desk (an annual event whether it needs it or not) I found my first published piece from waaaaaaay back in the stone ages--coincidentally, I think Beck's song "Loser" released that year--and I took it as a sign. 

As my first #bravewriting act, should I post it? I seriously have wondered over the years if my professor chose it for publication so it could be ridiculed and torn apart or did she really like it? Maybe both? 

*cringes* 

Comment with a "Yea" or "Nay" and I'll tally up the votes and act accordingly.

You can follow the hashtag #bravewriting on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ etc. etc. 



2 comments:

  1. Yes. Be bold. Be brave. Be unstoppable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely YES. :) And also what Liz said. :)

    I loved this post, but have one small correction. I actually tagged you before Liz suggested that I should. Yep, that's right: you were already on my people to be brave with list!

    I'm excited about what we'll do. (And a bit nervous too. :))

    ReplyDelete