Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Book Review: Justice for All by Olivia Hardin

My time is limited and super precious, just like yours, so I'm very picky about what I read these days. Between chauffeuring kids, laundry, yoga clients, and my own writing, there aren't as many long, languid weekends available to devour endless novels.

I really did used to do that. You know, spend an entire weekend curled up on the couch reading... ignoring the clock...staying up all hours...nodding off where I sat...book splayed across my chest...waking up and picking up where I left off...

*long, wistful sigh*

But I do read at least one book per week these days and I just finished Justice for All by Olivia Hardin. I've read every book by this author and I have to say the Rawley Family novels are by far my favorite. Well, except Bitten Shame, which is all about vampires...which I have a soft spot for...right here *points to jugular*. Ahem. Okay. Where was I?

Oh, yeah, my latest read...Justice for All by Olivia Hardin

I love Olivia's ability to drag the reader into the emotional turmoil from page one. I've said it before and it bears repeating, she has a knack for conveying feels. You don't just learn about Kay's struggle to be independent, you feel it. You don't just appreciate Van's affection for his mom, it bubbles up in your own chest.

And be prepared to take the heat right along with Kay and Van. *fans self* Warning: steamy scenes ahead.

The only complaint I have about this book is it was over too fast. This is definitely a page turner. I wanted to shake Kay to wake her up about her "friend" before it was too late and stop her before she said things she'd regret and smack Van for being so stoic. Sheesh!

And then it was over. Boo.

But a little birdie told me there's another Rawley Family novel in the works so I'll let you know when that's happening. Woo hoooooo! :-)

What books are you reading this week? Anything good? Share in the comments below. I'm always looking for my next read.



No comments:

Post a Comment