Monday, March 14, 2016

As You Were - Installment 10



You have been thoroughly warned. 
If you are squeamish about colorful language, don't like sex scenes, and honest dialogue makes your hair curl, walk away now. Do not read this.


I'll be posting installments every day until the end. I don't know how many days that will be because I am still writing this story. You can read it or not, share it or not, like it or not.  It's up to you. Unlike me, you have a choice. I can't not write it.

Namaste.

As You Were
Copyright © 2013 by Melissa Lummis

Without limiting the rights under copyright reserved above, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the above author of this book.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, brands, media, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. The author acknowledges the trademarked status and trademark owners of various products referenced in this work of fiction, which have been used without permission. The publication/use of these trademarks is not authorized, associated with, or sponsored by the trademark owners.

Chapter 4


I locked the suite door just in case Sylvia and the rest of the gang showed up unexpected.  I’d been granted the upstairs suite out of pity.  While Sylvia had kicked her ex to the curb without a how do you do, she had it in her mind Jack had rejected me out of hand.  And he had, but not the way she thought.  Yes, he’d accused me of being less than passion-worthy, but he still thought I was the right kind of woman to be his wife.

I followed Erik as he roamed around the suite.  For the first time since Jack had moved out of our loft apartment in the city, I had an inkling of possibility in my life.  I’m not sure how to explain it.  While I knew Erik would be gone day after tomorrow and for the first time I thought, maybe forever—I became dizzy for a second—I also knew he wanted me.  Jack was wrong.  I wasn’t defective.  I didn’t lack the spark required.

Erik stopped at the bedroom door and turned to look at me, his brow wrinkled up.  “I’m starting to think this might not be—“

I touched his lips with two fingers and slowly shook my head.  “Shhhh,” I whispered, my stomach trembling.  “I want this.”

He sagged into me and buried his head in my hair, whispering.  “I missed you, Anne.”

I nodded as I turned my face into his.  He started with small, tender kisses that morphed into long, slow, lingering ones.  We added tongues and hands and hips until his shirt was gone and mine, too.  He paused to kiss my hand and lead me into the bedroom.  Faint moonlight fell across the white coverlet and he backed me into the bed until my knees gave and he held me around the waist to keep me from falling.  Lowering me down, he lifted my hips to slide my shorts out of the way and cup my mound through my cotton panties.  Then kissed me with an urgency that curled my toes and made me want to cry for joy.

He worked his way down my body, licking, sucking, biting, and teasing.  I jerked at his touch, my fingers digging involuntarily into his closely cropped scalp, but he didn’t complain.  He moaned my name, told me how beautiful I was, told me how long he had wanted to do just this, and this, and this.
He talked between kisses on my navel, on the mound above my pubic bone. 

I curled my toes into the bed, turning my head to the side, oblivious to whatever contortions my face was going through.  Every cell in my body vibrated. I gasped as his back rippled under my fingers and he surged up to kiss me and press the length of his body against mine. 

“You’re a tease,” I breathed into his mouth.

“Yes, I am.  And you like it,” he whispered through a grin, then his tongue glided against mine. 

He came up for air and I caught my breath as he gazed into my eyes.  Part of me felt suddenly shy, and I wanted to look away, but I didn’t.  Then he slid his lips over mine before he lowered himself bit by bit, the fine, downy softness covering his chest brushed along my oversensitive skin.  Blond and invisible except to the touch, it woke up every nerve and I laughed in a quiet, light voice, barely audible. 

Trembling and unable to stop it, I let it happen.

Erik took his time, exploring every inch of my body and when my breath would hitch, he’d say, “Right there.” 

“Yes,” I’d whisper.

Jack had always seemed to be in a hurry to the climax—pun intended.  I’d tried to tell him to slow down, take his time, try this, touch me there, but he’d get sulky, surly, as if I’d criticized him.  Maybe that’s the way he saw it, but it wasn’t how I meant it.  I didn’t expect him to know exactly what to do when.  He wasn’t inside my body; he couldn’t feel what I was feeling, after all. 

Erik drew it out, like he was trying to make it last forever.


“Anne?”  He arched his neck to look up at me. I looked down at a sober, serious Erik.

"What's wrong?" Anxiety fizzed under my ribs and up the back of my neck.


Anne, I…we need to stop.” He sat down beside me and it took me a second to get my bearings. 

“What? What did I do wrong?” I managed to gather myself into an upright position, my knees bent and my arms wrapped around my shins. It had been so…so intense, dreamy, amazing…hadn’t it?

“Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You are amazing and…” his voice faltered. “It’s me. I think I’m having what they call an existential crisis.”

For the life of me, I didn’t know what to say. “Um, now?”

End of Chapter 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment