Sunday, March 13, 2016

As You Were - Installment 9



You have been thoroughly warned. 
If you are squeamish about colorful language, don't like sex scenes, and honest dialogue makes your hair curl, walk away now. Do not read this.


I'll be posting installments every day until the end. I don't know how many days that will be because I am still writing this story. You can read it or not, share it or not, like it or not.  It's up to you. Unlike me, you have a choice. I can't not write it.

Namaste.

As You Were
Copyright © 2013 by Melissa Lummis

Without limiting the rights under copyright reserved above, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the above author of this book.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, brands, media, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. The author acknowledges the trademarked status and trademark owners of various products referenced in this work of fiction, which have been used without permission. The publication/use of these trademarks is not authorized, associated with, or sponsored by the trademark owners.

Chapter 4

“I’ve wanted to touch you like this for so long.”  Erik’s big body pressed me into the sand, still warm from the scorching summer sun.

There were no words, nothing I could say to that.  I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time as I surrendered to his gentle kiss.  I shouldn’t be here, doing this with Erik. He was the bad boy, the one my mother had warned me against.  But then again, she’d been ecstatic over my engagement to Jack.
'You two will build the kind of life together that people envy,' she’d said.

Erik’s hand caressed my face, my neck and traveled down to my breast, pausing as he filled his hand with it.  “You have been the star of all my fantasies.  I haven’t been able to get you off my mind.”
He dropped kisses down my throat to my chest, between my breasts, over my t-shirt and my body tightened.  This time when he peeled my shirt up, I helped him.  He tossed it up the beach, grinning at me.

“So it doesn’t float away.”

He ran his hands over my stomach, up over my breasts, kneading them through the white cotton of my bra.  And he was kissing me again, with deep plunges of his tongue, more aggressive as he slid on top of me, gently kneeing my legs apart.  My head thrummed with a heady buzz, my body flaring in sizzling explosions of need.  I grasped at his back, wondering if it was possible to absorb someone through your skin as I slid my knees up over his hips, tucking my feet under his thighs.

“I can’t get close enough,” he groaned in my ear.  He lifted me up slightly, one hand fumbling with the hooks of my bra.  I sat up, wondering if I would ever be able to take a deep breath, again, and flicked the hooks and eyes open. Erik stopped my hands before I could shrug the bra off.

“Let me do it,” he whispered.

Sliding one delicate strap off, he brushed my shoulder with his lips and kissed a line down as the fabric fell away.  His moist breath passed over my nipple and a noise escaped my throat as my stomach tightened.  He pushed me back into the sand, simultaneously sliding the other strap down my arm and tossed it in the vicinity of the discarded t-shirt.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I registered a noise, voices and laughter.  I was too lost in Erik’s eyes on my body.  He stared down at me, until I trembled with uncontrollable shivers, my muscles rippling in spastic ecstasy and fear under taut skin. The shakes would stop, then start up again. But then he glanced down the beach and surged suddenly off me.  Before I sat completely up, he was back with my t-shirt, tucking it over my head.

“People,” he murmured. 

He helped me thread my arms through the armholes, tugging it down as he planted open mouth kisses on me, sucking my bottom lip between his teeth.  I stroked his cheek, wanting to hold him there, heady with the taste of him.  He turned his face into my hand, his eyes closing.

“Is there somewhere we can go?” he asked.

 The group of people straggled passed us.

“Get a room, man,” a guy called out and the group laughed. 

My cheeks burned, but I ignored them.  “Yeah.  We can go to the house.  Sylvie’s grandparents offered it to her when she said she wanted to come to the beach.  They’re hosting a family 4th of July thing back at the homestead.”

Why was I babbling about the house?  Erik stood and pulled me to my feet.  I glanced around trying to figure out how far we’d wandered down the beach.  I led him towards the houses.  It didn’t take long to find the public access and from there I got my bearings.

“We’re not far.”

“Will your friends be back soon?”  Erik rubbed my bare arm.  Just that simple touch sent a shiver up my spine.

“I don’t think so. The plan was to hang with the band until the bar closed.  But it doesn’t matter.” 

I started walking and Erik squeezed my hand.  “Why?”

I winked.  “You’ll see.” 

He cocked his head, but didn’t press.  After a long silence, he sighed, rubbing the side of his face.  “I need to tell you something.”

My stomach clenched. I was afraid of what he might say.  I’d spilled my guts and maybe he was going to tell me he didn’t mean what he said earlier, he was just trying to make me feel better.  I braced myself as he took a breath and blew it out.

“After you took off that night, Gena told me she knew you had feelings for me, you know, more than friends.”  He swallowed and my heart ached at how vulnerable he looked just now.  Erik wasn’t vulnerable.  Erick was Teflon, never affected, and certainly never emotional.  Except maybe when it came to his mom. “I never knew.  I always thought you thought…you know…that I was not the dating type.”

“You weren’t.  Not then.  Not after your mom left.”  I wanted to deny what Gena had said.  I’d never ever said anything of the sort to her, but she wasn’t wrong.  The fact she knew how I felt before I’d even admitted it to myself made my gut twist with sadness.  If she knew, then why the hell did she do that?

 I tugged him down the next street, steering him towards the big beach house at the end.  My head was spinning with booze and the implications. When he didn’t say anything, I squeezed his hand.  Had I hurt his feelings? 

 “I think you took out all your feelings over your mom on Gena and then when you two broke up, on any female that crossed your path.” I paused, realizing that wasn’t entirely true.  “Except me.”

I searched the garden by the fence until I found what I was looking for: the rock with the key.  It was a real rock, actually, with a hollowed out bit on the bottom where you could tuck a key inside.  Erik stood by with his hands in his pockets, studying his Reefs intently.  His brow was furrowed and the muscles in his neck stood out.

“Hey,” I touched his arm and he blinked up at me.

His smile was sad as he ran his hand over his short-cropped head.  Maybe we needed another drink, I thought and immediately dismissed the idea.  At this pace I’d be yacking in the big white bathroom while Erik held my hair for me.  Just like old times. I snorted as I unlocked the door.  After replacing the key, I led Erik up the stairs to the top floor. I dug my suite key out of my pocket and unlocked the door at the top of the stairs.

“Whoa!” Erik did a 360 in the middle of the hardwood floor. I didn’t bother with the lights.  The glass that covered the whole front of the room let in enough to see by.  Watching him brought a tightness to my chest as I realized how much I wanted to touch him, again, feel that hard, gorgeous body pressed up against mine.

He was big and tan, his tribal tattoos peeking out from under the sleeves of his white t-shirt reminded me of other summers.  We’d spent many afternoons recovering from late nights sleeping in the lounge chairs by my parents’ pool.  He got those tattoos the day he turned eighteen in defiance of his dad.  His mom was three states away and didn’t know he had gotten them for almost five months afterward.


No comments:

Post a Comment